Deuce Pineapple Open-Face Chinese Poker (Deuce Pineapple OFC) or 2-7 Pineapple Poker is a variant of Open-Face Chinese Poker that incorporates elements of Pineapple Poker. It is played with 2-3 players and follows similar rules to the standard OFC game, but with a few key differences. The main distinction is that players receive three hole cards instead of just one in regular OFC. Here are the rules for Deuce Pineapple Open-Face Chinese Poker:
- Deck: A standard 52-card deck is used without jokers.
- Number of Players: The game is typically played with 2-3 players.
- Initial Deal: Each player is initially dealt five cards face down, just like in regular OFC. However, in Deuce Pineapple OFC, players also receive three hole cards, which are dealt face down and remain unseen until they are played.
- Setting the Hands: Once the initial deal is complete, players take turns placing their cards into the three different hands: top, middle, and bottom. The bottom hand must be the strongest, the middle hand is the 2-7 lowball hand. This is the key difference in Deuce Pineapple OFC from regular OFC Poker as the middle hand is usually the medium strength hand. The middle hand should have no pairs, straights or flushes, the lower the cards are the better.
- Exposing and Drawing: Starting with the player to the left of the dealer, each player reveals their top card and places it face up on the table. The players continue in turn, revealing and placing one card at a time until all the cards are exposed. After the initial deal, players receive the remaining cards one at a time, and each card must be placed immediately into one of the three hands.
- Fouling: As in regular OFC, fouling occurs when a player fails to follow the hand strength rules by arranging their hands incorrectly. Fouling results in automatic losses to opponents who have not fouled, as well as penalties in terms of points scored for the particular hand.
- Scoring: After all the players have set their hands and exposed their cards, the hands are compared, and points are awarded based on the hand rankings. The scoring system follows the same principles as regular OFC, with points assigned for winning each of the three hands against each opponent.
Deuce Pineapple OFC adds an extra layer of strategy by introducing the hole cards, which require players to make decisions about which cards to keep hidden. It combines the excitement of Pineapple Poker’s additional hole cards with the challenging and strategic gameplay of Open-Face Chinese Poker.
Want to learn more about strategy on Deuce Pineapple OFC?
Here is a training video on this game from YouTube.
You may find it challenging to find 2-7 Pineapple Poker online, TonyBet & CoinPoker no longer offer OFC Poker at all. But visit our OFC Poker Sites offers page to see what games are available from the various poker rooms.