Open Face Chinese Poker (OFC) or OFC Poker is played using a standard 52-card deck by two to four players. The objective of the game is to create three separate hands, known as the top, middle, and bottom, with each hand being stronger than the one above it. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play OFC:
- Settle on the scoring system: Before starting the game, decide on the scoring system you will use. The most common scoring method is called “standard scoring,” where points are awarded based on hand strength and certain bonus combinations.
- Deal the initial cards: The dealer shuffles the deck and deals five cards face down to each player, one card at a time. These five cards will form the bottom hand. Then, starting with the player to the left of the dealer, each player receives one card at a time until all players have received 13 cards each. These remaining cards will be used to form the top and middle hands.
- Arrange the hands: Once all the cards have been dealt, each player arranges their cards into three separate hands. The bottom hand consists of five cards, while the top and middle hands have three cards each.
- Reveal and place the cards: Starting with the player to the left of the dealer, players take turns revealing one card at a time from their top hand and placing it face up on the table in front of them. The cards must be placed in a row from left to right.
- Continue with the middle and bottom hands: After all players have placed their top cards, the same process is repeated for the middle hand, with players revealing one card at a time and placing it below their top row of cards. Finally, the process is repeated for the bottom hand.
- Scoring: Once all the cards have been placed, the hands are compared among players. Each hand is evaluated separately, and points are awarded based on the strength of the hands and any bonus combinations achieved. The scoring system you have chosen will determine how the points are awarded.
- Repeat for subsequent rounds: After scoring, a new round begins. The dealer button moves clockwise, and players receive additional cards from the deck to replenish their hands. The process of arranging, revealing, and scoring the hands is repeated for each round.
- Final scoring: The game continues until a predetermined number of rounds have been completed, or a specific point limit has been reached. At the end of the game, players calculate their total points based on the scoring system and determine the winner.
Remember, it’s essential to follow the specific rules and scoring system agreed upon before starting the game, as there can be variations in certain aspects of OFC depending on personal preferences and local rules.
Find places to play OFC Poker.